#makanmana Killer Gourmet Burgers The Gardens Mid Valley

As we are approaching the end of PKP, the Malaysians that we know are the people who would go food hunting first above anything else. Therefore, we brought you #makanmana; a place for you to get to know the best food you can get in town for your lunch break in between work or a chill and relaxing night out.

BY FARHIRA FARUDIN

Chien's food hunt adventure: KGB -Killer Gourmet Burgers, Mid ...
Photo Source: http://chien1023.blogspot.com/2014/09/kgb-killer-gourmet-burgers-mid-valley.html

As a fan of burger joints, it's a shame to admit I have never tried the burgers at KGB previously. They are everywhere on the Best Burgers in Town lists, and yet somehow I never got the chance to try them. Upon the announcement of the CMCO where people have more freedom to go out and help to rebuild the economy, I made a mental note to have KGB as the first restaurant I'd go to once I go out.

I went to KGB in The Gardens Mid Valley on a Tuesday. A weekday during lunch hour feels no different than going out on a weekend. Mid Valley was packed per usual but thankfully KGB still had few empty seats for us anyway. As my eyes browsed through the menu, I find the prices weren't as expensive as I thought it'd be and yet they weren't as affordable as I expected. This is of course according to my own budget. They have interesting selections for their burgers, and the combo inside was pretty crazy too in my opinion. I mean, an onion ring INSIDE a burger? Phew.

KGB Menu, Menu for KGB, Mid Valley City, Kuala Lumpur
KGB Menu, Menu for KGB, Mid Valley City, Kuala Lumpur


So we ordered Tornado and KGB Spiked, both are beef burgers. For RM16.90, you will get a stack of grilled beef, onion rings, sunny side egg and a buffalo wing aoili inside Tornado. For KGB Spiked, you will get crust seared beef, sharp cheddar, crispy beef bacon and KGB spicy sauce, all for the same price as Tornado. Add RM 6.90 if you want the set meal which includes fries and soft drinks. We also ordered a set of Onion Rings as our sides, which is deep-fried in buttermilk.


The burgers arrived within 10 minutes. Their buns are stamped with KGB logo and I thought it looks like a nice addition to the burgers. The proportion was decent for the price, and it's a lot of bigger than Fuel Shack in my opinion. We had a taste of the fries first. Mine was from the KGB Spiked Set, and unfortunately, my fries weren't shaken well together with the pepper and salt, so it was too salty in my opinion. But that was the only complaint I had about the experience there. Everything else was top notch. The patty was juicy and the bacon was crispy, so that felt like a balanced perfect mixture in a burger. The onion rings were great too. Overall, KGB was hardly a disappointment so I think you will be seeing me at one of their outlets very very soon!

OVERALL REVIEW:

PRICE: 3.5/5
FOOD: 4.5/5
AMBIENCE: 4/5
SERVICE: 4/5

Pelbagai sajian Domino's Pizza untuk penduduk Kem | Page 3 ...

Comments

Popular Posts