FIRST TIME AT CHAMANG WATERFALL & LEMANG TO’KI

Source: Shopback
by Farah Hazwani


On the blessed morning of 1st Syawal, cruising down an uncrowded road, the cool environment just after the rain, the trees covered with thick mist accompanied by a feeling of excitement to meet my long distance family in the village to celebrate Hari Raya AidilFitri in Bentong, Pahang.

My family planned to go back to our hometown in the morning because of the smooth traffic, my siblings and I, was chit chatting about the Duit Raya that we have about to receive from our aunties and uncles. In addition, I thought about the places my cousins and I would hang out and create new memories.

Oh yes!  A few week before AidilFitri I was looking to an advertisement in a newspaper about attractions in Pahang. It wrote about Chamang Waterfall and Lemang To’ki restaurant. This place is very familiar to me, but I never got chance to go there. So I used this opportunity to go with my cousins. 

After the exhaustion of celebrating Raya, I told about my plan to visit these places the next day to my eldest cousin. Soon, the whole family knew about my plan and wanted to join us. But with a condition that on the second AidilFitri, we must visit our relatives first.

The next day, around 10 am we were ready to head to our first destination which is Chamang Waterfall. It takes about 22 minutes (12 km) from our house to reach there. Along the journey, we could see hills which made it cool as well because we were surrounded by trees along the road.

After the 22 minute ride, we finally arrive. RM2 was charged for entrance fees. Upon exiting the car, we could hear the sound of the waterfall and the river. Making me more excited to get into the water. 

First thing first, I’m amazed by the wonderful scenery and wondering why I do not have much time for a beautiful place like this. This waterfall is about 5000 feet high, when I see it, I can feel how strong the current is and I might just want to quickly snap some pictures first.  There were a few spots we could put our stuff and have a picnic there. My mom and my aunties packed lunch, which consisted of warm rice with, Gulai Tempoyak Ayam, Asam Pedas Ikan and some fried vegetables. It was simple and yet scrumptious meal. After lunch, it was now time to jump into the water. However, be warned to be careful as always when we go to a waterfall, the rocks are slippery and is quite steep below the waterfall. 

Source: Umpan
 
About 15 minutes playing in the water with my relatives, I took a walk around the area. Not far from the waterfall I’ve found a canopy bridge, a campsite and also a barbeque pit provided by the management could be seen from the bridge. The area can also be considered an educational environment too as they label the trees and flowers.

Source: Atuk

Finally, at about 3pm, it was time for us to head home.  

As night came, we were all exhausted and hungry. There was no food at home so we decided to go out and find some food. In the midst of getting ready, one of my uncles, was craving for Raya food which was some Lemang (steamed sticky rice in a bamboo) and Rendang (slow cooked spicy beef). Due to not having Lemang and Rendang the whole day, we missed the Raya vibes. To that, my uncle suggested we eat at Lemang To’ki. From our house, it takes only 11 minutes (5.7 km). 

Source: Chasing the Sun
 
Along the main road in Bentong (Jalan Tras), this place is famous around bikers. This is the main pit stop where the bikers would hang out and from outside you can see the unique design and name To’ki Lemang. 

Before this stall came to this big scale, they originally started out by just selling bamboo rice at the road side since 2006 and only sell the bamboo rice three days a week which is Friday to Sunday including public holidays. Till now since 2011, there is a person who invests in his stall which lead to this big scale restaurant. Now not only bamboo rice is sold, rendang, beef, and a lot more beverages are available here.

Source: Vitdaily

What’s so special about this place is, when you come here, you can see how their bamboo rice is made and cooked, step by step, they are happy to show you how it’s done. Not only rice, they even have roasted chicken and beef.  After seeing them roast it, I immediately ordered mine. Not only do they have delicious food, they even have a great variety of drinks like float, ABC, and lychee kang. Each item here is worth to order. 

Source: MrJocko

Even the interior here is beautiful, I could see a lot of antique items placed around the restaurant. The place is made from wood is definitely photo worthy. By its design, it is enough to attract people to take a lot inside. If you guys want to come over and taste their scrumptious food, this place is located at Batu 2, Jalan Tras, 28700 Bentong, Pahang and the business hour is they are open on Monday to Sunday from 12pm-10pm.

There it is, my travelogue in Pahang, my hometown. I am a bit sad to be going back to Kuala Lumpur because my holidays were packed with attractive and fun activities with my beloved relatives. I will make sure my family and I will often find spare time to go back to my hometown for other experiences. 






Comments

Popular Posts